- Tembo Plains Camp – Great Plains Conservation, is a Relais & Châteaux luxury safari lodge in the Sapi Reserve, Mana Pools Park, in Zimbabwe.
- The ‘territory’ of this camp is built into the thick riverine forest located on the Zambezi River’s edge, in the private 291,000 acres Sapi Private Reserve east of Zimbabwe’s Mana Pools National Park.
- All tents offer their own private indoor lounge area, outdoor swimming pool, (with exercise bikes on a wide veranda) and outdoor dining area combining canvas and stone walls. Each tent comes complete with a Canon professional camera and lenses, plus Leica binoculars for guests to use whilst they are with us in Sapi.
- At this Out of Africa-style camp on the Zambezi River, dining is flexible and can move between inside the well-stocked wine cellar to the dining room and interactive kitchen, from breakfast or lunch served outdoors under the trees or beside the river to candlelit dinners at communal or private tables.
- In the lodge’s motor boat, slip along the mighty Zambezi River like one of the river’s own, whether on a game-viewing boat transfer to and/from Victoria Falls airport, or on a sunrise or sun-downer cruise, stopping for hot coffee or chilled G&Ts along the way.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Enjoy the privacy of a safari, so rare today, in a wildlife-rich sanctuary along the Zambezi River with us. Here you don’t have to worry about anything else except how best to soak up every moment. Your safari with us includes everything, day and night wildlife-viewing drives, boating, canoeing or guided walks and tracking, drinks. And, of course, our Relais & Châteaux level cuisine and service.
Tembo Plains Camp – Great Plains Conservation, is a Relais & Châteaux luxury safari lodge in the Sapi Reserve, Mana Pools Park, in Zimbabwe. The private 300,000-acre Sapi Concession is one of Zimbabwe’s premier game locations neighboring Mana Pools, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Renowned for incredible herds of Elephant, large prides of Lion and exceptional birding. Tembo Plains has four double or twin bed configuration tents, each with its own private indoor lounge area, outdoor swimming pool, (with exercise bikes on a wide veranda) and outdoor dining area. Stunning, handmade bathtubs and indoor and outside showers give the tent a sense of ‘home’ where you can move in and live.
The Wi-Fi and working areas also provide space for you to catch up on business or just manage the images from the day. Each tent comes complete with a Canon professional camera and lenses, plus Leica binoculars for guests to use whilst they are with us in Sapi. The beautiful 2-bedroomed family Tembo Suite comprises two tents with shared lounge and dining area and pool, ideal for two couples, a family or a couple looking for the ultimate private safari. All rooms enjoy expansive en-suite bathroom facilities as in the other tents, with indoor baths, showers and double vanities.