Ambiance & Vibe:
The majestic size of this property is evident from the time you drive in past the arches at the entrance. As we arrived, we were immediately greeted by the friendly bell staff, who took our bags and escorted us to the reception. Walking into the huge and spacious marble clad lobby, we were struck by the beauty of the grandiose Venetian-inspired architecture. This property gets a mix of business and leisure guests and the atmosphere is very family friendly and welcoming. The guests are from all over the world, including stylish couples arriving for a weekend getaway, to business types, to families with children eager to hit the pool.
The very popular Executive Club lounge is a great place to chill out during afternoon tea or for evening cocktails and canapés.
Design & Style:
The main lobby is an opulent renaissance inspired mansion, with glistening chandeliers, marble floors, impressive staircase and regal furnishings. All the design aspects incorporate the Islamic cultural aesthetics visible at the neighboring Grand Mosque, such as the use of leaves. The surrounding buildings including the village with its independent restaurants and shops are inspired by Venetian architecture. The structures are set amidst sprawling landscaped gardens and overlook the Grand Canal.
This is a large property with 447 elegantly appointed rooms and suites, and 85 private villas. Standard deluxe rooms are very spacious with 42 square meters and feature a living area with work and lounging spaces, and a separate bedroom with a balcony. Bathrooms are full marble, with tub, separate shower and double sink and can be opened up to the sleeping area by pulling back the shutters that divide the two areas. We loved our 85 square meter Executive Suite with 300 thread count linens and luxurious Asprey-branded toiletries. All rooms and suites enjoy views out to the Grand Canal, including gardens, pool and beach, and are located in the main crescent shaped building which surrounds the pool. The 91 to 131 square meter garden facing suites and houses are ideal for larger families or longer stays and feature terraces and private butler service. The Executive Club level rooms have access to the expansive Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge offering a dedicated concierge and check-in, with continuous steam of culinary offerings throughout the day, complimentary internet access and international magazines and newspapers.
An exceptional dining experience awaits you at our best restaurants in Abu Dhabi. The resort offers a selection of elegant restaurants serving an array of cuisines. The Park Bar & Grill serves carefully selected steaks while The Café – our stylish all-day dining restaurant – showcases a selection of international dishes. Enjoy homemade Mediterranean dishes with amazing views of Saadiyat Beach at the Beach House or celebrate a special occasion at the scenic Beach House Rooftop, considered as one of the best bars in Abu Dhabi. Whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner or everything in between, experience our gracious service and passion for the culinary arts.
The Park Bar & Grill: An exceptional dining experience awaits you at our award-winning signature restaurant, The Park Bar & Grill offering a large variety of steaks and seafood from the charcoal grill. This is an elegant and residential dining venue featuring its own private dining room in a contemporary setting.
The Café: The Café serves authentic Middle Eastern specialties along with International dishes featuring an impressive show kitchen.
Beach House: The Beach House serves home-made dishes from the Mediterranean coastline prepared family style and accompanied by a selection of wines, sangrias and cocktails. This Abu Dhabi restaurant is the ideal venue for dinner or lunch away from the bustle of the city, overlooking the waters of Saadiyat Beach.
The Beachhouse Rooftop Bar: the sublime Beach House Rooftop Bar is ideal venue to watch scenic sunsets over a cocktail and is considered one of the best bars in Abu Dhabi.
The Library: The Library is a contemporary tea lounge located in Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi hotel and serving selected teas and coffee specialties, as well as home-made chocolates and pastries. With its orange leather panels, accents of black marble and an open fire feature, The Library is the perfect place for intimate meetings in a residential setting.
The Park Bar: The Park Bar features a large floor-to-ceiling wine display with grapes from around the world and its large communal table invites aficionados to a wine tasting to some of the worlds best vineyards. The Park Bar at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi hotel is an ideal venue for post and pre-dinner drinks and offers a wide selection of premium spirits and cocktails. Additional outdoor seating is available during the cooler months.
The fantastic array of gastronomic dining options at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi:
Although this is a very large hotel the service is attentive and up to the famous “Ritz Carlton” standards. The check in staff are top-notch and although we checked in well past midnight, the check in process was super efficient and we were welcomed with a gorgeous amenity platter waiting for us in our room. The concierge staff are highly knowledgeable and can suggest and arrange all your activities and day trips during your stay. We used the concierge service extensively, from recommendations for cultural attractions such as the Grand Mosque and The Louvre Museum, sporting activities such as dune bashing as well as reservations at the racing circuit at Yas Island.
The staff at the pool will promptly set up your cabana or lounge chairs and greet you with cold towels and water.
During our stay, we ate breakfast at Giornotte, drinks at the pool bar, evening cocktails at the Executive Club lounge and dinner at Li Jiang and found the food and service at all locations to be exceptional. The service is perfectly timed and courteous, and the staff are warm and genuine too, delivering classic Middle Eastern hospitality.
Facilities & Activities:
- The hotel features a beachfront lap pool, huge rectangular wading pool, lagoon pools and several plunge pools located in the gardens.
- The hotel is enviably located on a 9 km stretch of environmentally protected white sandy beach on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, which is famed for its Hawksbill turtle nests. Prime nesting time is May through July. The beach has plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas, with F&B service.
- Atarmia Spa features nine large spa treatment rooms, three with private outdoor terraces, and its own indoor and outdoor relaxation zone spread over two levels with separate spa areas for both ladies and gentlemen, as well as an outdoor 25-metre lap pool, a fitness room and a dedicated stretching studio.
- The very well equipped gym and health club is open 24 hours and offers personal trainers and spacious male and female changing rooms with showers, steam room and sauna
- The fabulously equipped Camp Hyatt offering indoor and outdoor activities for 5-12 year olds.
- The hotel is adjacent to a championship 18-hole golf course at the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club designed by Gary Player
Activities: Abu Dhabi offers a rich collection of experiences: cultural history, luxury shopping, magnificent architecture and beautiful beaches. From the Park Hyatt, everything the city offers is within easy reach including the below top 5 attractions in Abu Dhabi.
- The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service to the must visit Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque every half an hour, which is the primary tourist attraction in Abu Dhabi
- The newly opened Louvre Museum is about 15 minutes drive from the hotel
- Yas Island, with all its attractions including Ferrari world and the Marina racing circuit, is about 25 minutes drive from the hotel
- The Corniche seaside promenade and the Emirates Palace is about 25 minutes drive from the hotel
- The concierge can arrange for a wide variety of fun activities in Abu Dhabi, including dune bashing and desert tours
Set amidst acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, this luxurious resort boasts an enviable location on a lovely nine-kilometre stretch of environmentally protected beach on Saadiyat Island. The resort is adjacent to the famous Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, minutes from the city’s prime business district, the Abu Dhabi Corniche, and 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
What We Love:
- An award-winning, gorgeous beach resort located on a 9 km stretch of environmentally protected white sandy beach on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, which is famed for its Hawksbill turtle nests. Prime nesting time is May through July.
- Although the resort is fairly large with 306 spacious rooms, suites and villas, it retains a very romantic and intimate ambiance with top notch service.
- The rooms and suites are very spacious, with most offering panoramic views of the lush resort fronting endless miles of pristine Saadiyat beach.
- The lushly landscaped resort is strewn with pools to suit everyone, from infinity edged adult pools facing the beach to lagoon pools for the kids. The beach club is stunning.
- The scenic rooftop terrace of the Beach House restaurant overlooking the vast expanse of Saadiyat Beach is considered the best in Abu Dhabi and one of the most romantic places in the world from which to watch the sunset, while listening to some mood music and sipping a cocktail.
- The luxurious Atarmia Spa spread over two levels offers an extensive range of beauty and health treatments including 9 treatment rooms, fitness & stretching studio, a hammam and a lush outdoor 25 meter lap pool.
- There is a world class children’s club on site, Camp Hyatt, which provides year-round indoor and outdoor activities for children focusing on culture, history, and the environment surrounding Abu Dhabi.
- While located on a pristine beach, the hotel is just a short drive to the new Louvre Museum on Saadiyat Island and within a 25 minute drive of the international airport and the prime cultural, shopping & sporting attractions of Abu Dhabi, from the Sheikh Zayed Mosque to the Ferrari World theme park. The hotel concierge can arrange dune bashing and all the sporting adventures on the sun-kissed sands of the Arabian desert.
Best Time to Visit:
Although Abu Dhabi has become a year round global business and leisure destination, the best time to visit is during the cooler autumn, winter and spring seasons of October thru March. Summers can get really hot, although if you remain indoors or in the myriad malls during the day, it is relatively pleasant in the evenings.