- Wa Ale is a barefoot luxury eco-resort set on a remote island in the Myeik Archipelago, off the coast of Myanmar. This intimate island retreat sits in a beautiful protected cove in Lampi Marine National Park with luxury tented and treetop villas overlooking a pristine beach and majestic rock formations.
- The private island boasts raw isolation and serenity, alongside nesting sea turtles and macaques. The beachside safari villas and luxury tree houses are set amid a 9,000 acre wildlife reserve surrounded by the Andaman Sea.
- This private island setting is a place of staggering natural beauty, where lush rainforest undulates towards patches of pristine private beach. Accessible from Myanmar and Thailand, the resort offers a perfect retreat at the end of a trip through either country.
- Offering barefoot luxury with an eco-friendly ethos, the spacious Tented Beach villas & Treetop villas offer superb ocean views and inviting outdoor showers.
- Two restaurants blend Asian and Mediterranean flavours using locally sourced and sustainable produce. A highlight is the community dining with fresh seafood grilled on the BBQ, wood fired pizzas & an array of Burmese salads.
- After a day’s hiking, diving or paddle-boarding, you can have a relaxing massage on your villa’s private terrace.
- The waters of the surrounding Lampi Marine National Park teem with coral and sea life for divers and snorkelers, while the mangroves can be explored on a paddleboard or kayak.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Wa Ale is an all inclusive resort.
Snorkel and dive the archipelago’s abundant reefs and caves.
Kayak and paddle board through Wa Ale’s pristine river and mangrove forests.
Explore the exotic forest & marine life in the Lampi Marine National Park.
Barefoot luxury meets bohemian chic – Wa Ale is a 5,000 acre exclusive paradise with 11 Luxury Tented Villas and 3 Tree Top Villas overlooking pristine beaches in Lampi Marine National Park, just 1 hour and 40 minutes by luxury speed boat from Kawthaung, Myanmar. This luxe eco retreat provides a rare chance to experience an untouched tropical paradise, where the greatest luxury is its pristine nature. Wa Ale is not only an aquatic adventure but a food journey as we have the best that cuisine offers using the finest local ingredients, including that straight from our island gardens. For those whom value being the first one in a region, the adventure of exploration and the idea that every day you have the chance to discover something totally new. We invite you to the ultimate barefoot luxury of Wa Ale.
Set in the untouched Myeik Archipelago, Wa Ale is an intimate eco-resort that takes inspiration from the breathtaking natural beauty of its surrounds to create an unassuming yet exclusive island retreat. With just 14 tented beach villas and stilted treetop villas, thatched in local materials dotting the jungle foliage that fringes the white sands of the beach, the resort prides itself on leaving a minimal footprint on the natural environment. Nestled into the lush jungle, but with spectacular ocean views, the villas and tents mirror the beauty of the landscape, their natural materials and muted tones creating a calm, restful retreat. Wa Ale offers two dining options, with the Main Pavilion serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, while the River Cafe and Bar offers light meals and drinks, as well as special BBQ evenings.
The eleven Tented villas can accommodate up to four people, with a king-sized bed and sofa that can be converted into two single beds for children from 8-17 years. A rear deck offers uninterrupted views over the ocean, while the front deck looks into the jungle. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the wilderness as you shower in the indoor/outdoor bathroom with its private garden and luxury biodegradable amenities.
Designed to blend seamlessly into their tropical surroundings the 14 villas on Wa Ale are beautifully bohemian in style and with fantastic eco credentials to boot. Reclaimed natural wood, stylish bamboo furniture and quirky patterns are complimented by ocean views, outdoor showers and private decks in all villas. For direct beach access and a larger living area opt for the Tented Beach Villas, and for a more private setting opt for one of the two thatched Treetop Villas.
- Full Board – B/L/D
- Boat transfer to and from Wa Ale on SATURDAYS and TUESDAYS
- Transfer to and from Kawthaung and Ranong Airports to Kawthaung Jetty on Saturday and Tuesday
- House wine, beer and non-alcoholic beverages: which include sodas, juices, coffee and tea
- Room amenities
- Non-motorized and land based activities (paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, jungle hikes and cultural visits)
Tented Beach Villas
Wa Ale features 11 luxury state of the art tents with unobstructed ocean views and accommodates up to 4 guests. Each family sized villa has a king size canopy bed and a sofa that can convert into 2 single beds. These 102sq m, state-of-the-art tents were custom-made for Wa Ale – the villas have unobstructed beach views, private beach access and can accommodate up to four guests. They each have a king-size canopy bed with mosquito nets, lots of living space, a private balcony with sunloungers and a sofa that converts into two single beds. The large indoor-outdoor bathroom has twin teak vanities and an outdoor shower in a private walled garden. There’s also WiFi, tea and coffee, coral-safe sunscreen, biodegradable bath products, citronella mosquito spray, two BPA-free reusable water bottles (it’s safe to drink from every tap at Wa Ale) and an artisan-made beach bag to use during your stay.
Relax in our unique and intimate treetop villas perched in a canopy of trees with a private veranda. The king bed villas have an outdoor shower and can comfortably accommodate 2. The two intimate 80sq m treetop villas have a bit less living space than the tented villas down on the beach, but are perched up in the canopies for added privacy; each has a private veranda with spectacular ocean views. Inside, there’s a king-size bed with mosquito nets and an ensuite bathroom with a teak vanity and private outdoor shower – they’re the perfect haute (literally) hideaway for two. There’s also WiFi, tea and coffee, coral-safe sunscreen, biodegradable bath products, citronella mosquito spray, two BPA-free reusable water bottles (it’s safe to drink from every tap at Wa Ale) and an artisan-made beach bag to use during your stay.
The Beach House
The Beach House is a private oasis of stylish living set in a secluded bay on the beautiful 1 km stretch of Honeymoon Beach, a 10-minute boat ride to Wa Ale Resort’s Turtle Beach. Backed by an indigenous forest, this four bedroom, 520 sqm retreat offers magnificent uninterrupted ocean views and is ideal for a reunion of family and friends. Maximum occupancy – 8 adults & 4 children.
A fresh, healthy fusion of Southeast Asian Mediterranean cuisines awaits you, with a view of the Andaman Sea and the island’s tranquil river. Share in our chef’s memorable meals prepared in a wood burning oven with creative menus that change daily. Our kitchen strives to cook with fresh produce harvested from our island or local farms and serve only sustainably caught seafood from the Archipelago.
There are two dining options at the resort, both offering fresh, flavourful Asian meets Mediterranean fusion cuisine. Beach Restaurant & Bar is housed in the thatched, open air main area and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, while River Café & Bar is a more casual option offering light lunches and barbeque dinners on certain nights of the week. Vegetables are sourced from the island’s own organic garden and sustainably caught fresh seafood also features heavily on the menus. Meals are served sometimes on a communal table, safari lodge style. The ever-changing menu, prepared by the award-winning chef Ray fits the style of the resort perfectly: the dishes are simple and healthy, and always delicious.
Beach Restaurant & Bar
Open air main dining area – open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
River Café & Bar
Light lunches and barbeque dinners
9,000 acres of private-island paradise, a PADI-certified dive center, paddle boards, kayaks, snorkelling equipment, outdoor exercise pavilion with yoga, HIIT and TRX classes, bocce court, table tennis and free WiFi. When not unwinding on the sugar-soft sands of the beach, the spa offers a number of treatments to fully relax body and mind, surrounded by the calming sounds of the jungle and the gentle lapping of the waves.
Getting involved in the huge range of activities available on and around the 9,000 acre island of Wa Ale is very much part of the experience when staying here. Snorkel or dive among the archipelago’s abundant reefs, kayak and paddle board through the island’s mangrove forests, trek through the jungle or visit an important turtle conservation project. Whilst exploring expect to come across various weird and wonderful wildlife including gibbons, macaques, pangolin, numerous bird spices, whale sharks, dolphins and manta rays.
How to get to us:
- From Yangon: Take a 1.5 hour flight to Kawthaung, Myanmar. From the Kawthaung Jetty, take a one hour and forty minute luxury speed boat ride to the island.
- From Bangkok: Take a 1 hour and 20 minute flight to Ranong, Thailand followed by a short boat ride across the border to Kawthaung, Myanmar. From the Kawthaung Jetty, embark on a one hour and forty minute luxury speed boat ride to the island.
Enjoy daily yoga classes.
Enjoy a private massage in your villa.