- Day and night game drives.
- Guided game walks with experienced guides.
- Relax by the swimming pool and gaze out over the plain.
- Chitabe Camp borders the game rich Moremi Game Reserve.
- Built on raised decks for superb views of the Okavango Delta floodplain.
- Situated on a 22,000ha private concession in the Okavango Delta.
- Game drives, bush walks and birding in a natural UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Region is known for varied and abundant wildlife and for sightings of African wild dog.
- Comfortable lounge, open-sided dining area, bar, firepit, boma and swimming pool.
- Library is a wonderful retreat nestled among the branches of a large tree.
EXCLUSIVE LUXE VOYAGER VIP BENEFITS & BEST PRICE
We negotiate rates & benefits for our clients directly with the hotels’ senior management. Our rates match or in many cases are lower than the best online rate for the property. Our clients also enjoy a suite of extra VIP privileges and recognition while staying at a partner hotel.
- Complimentary room upgrade on arrival.
- Daily complimentary buffet breakfast for two.
- Up to $100 dining or spa credit per stay, and or in-house dining / spa discounts.
- Welcome amenities (wine/chocolates/fruit) and card from the GM.
- Complimentary private airport transfers.
- Complimentary roll-away bed if required.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Enhanced recognition through VIP status at all touch points in the guest experience.
A complete or partial suite of VIP benefits will be offered, subject to the property T&C, including availability, category of room & length of stay.
Game drives reveal the rich wildlife of the area from predators to prey. Our open 4×4 vehicles accommodate a maximum of seven guests allowing each a ‘window’ seat.
Afternoon to evening drives provide opportunities for you to see nocturnal mammals such as civet, genet and bushbabies, as well as owls and perhaps leopard.
Walking safaris (dependant on qualified guide availability) with skilled guides offers you the exciting opportunity of coming across big game on foot as well as observing the smaller things you miss when travelling by vehicle.
The birdlife is excellent and varies throughout the year, depending on water levels and season. They include African hawk-eagle, ground hornbill, scarlet-chested sunbird, red-billed hornbill, gabar goshawk and red-billed francolin.
Chitabe Camp is one of the best game viewing camps in the Okavango Delta. Situated between 2 major river systems, the Gomoti to the east and the Santantadibe to the west, its huge diversity of habitats is unique in that they all lie in such close proximity.Chitabe is a luxurious eight-roomed tented camp offering game drives and walks in this pristine area – Built on one of the most beautiful islands in the Okavango Delta, the camp’s situation is bordered on three sides by the Moremi Game Reserve.
The marvellous Okavango Delta comprises open floodplains, waterways, marshlands, dry acacia and mopane woodlands, riverine areas and open grasslands. The wildlife in this breathtaking mix of the Okavango Delta is as diverse as it is prolific: from elephant to impala and lion to wild dog.Chitabe Camp also has two elevated platforms located in the reserve, one of which is within walking distance from the camp. Guests can experience a “sleep out” in the Okavango Delta under the stars in full comfort and safety.
The accommodation at Chitabe Camp is in eight spacious and luxurious Meru-style tents which are built on risen wooden decks amongst the vegetation of the Okavango Delta. Each tent has twin beds, en-suite facilities and an indoor as well as an outdoor shower.
There are eight luxury canvas safari-styled rooms consisting of seven twin bedded rooms, one king size bedded room and one twin guide room which is shared with Chitabe Lediba.
Most meals are enjoyed in the vaulted, thatched dining room, where the buffet always features a variety of wholesome home-cooked dishes. From early morning muffins still warm from the oven at breakfast and tea or coffee in bed, to delicious gourmet breads baked daily for brunch and crunchy fresh salads, the menu tends toward healthy and hearty fare.There is a thatched dining area, pub and lounge area which are built on raised decks to provide superb views across the Okavango Delta floodplain.
Meals taken communally allow you to enjoy the conversation and banter of like-minded safari-goers, but if you prefer a romantic private dinner, the staff are happy to arrange an intimate meal in the library or on the pool deck below the stars.On some evenings, the boma area off the walkway is an inviting space lit by lanterns and a roaring fire, where delightful traditional meals are cooked on the open coals..
There is a thatched dining area, pub and lounge area which are built on raised decks to provide superb views across the Okavango Delta floodplain, and a pool allows guests to cool off in the heat of the day. There is also a hide for ‘secret’ game viewing.
The camp’s plunge pool,surrounded by sunloungers and sharing the view from the shade of some enormous trees.